Friday, June 7, 2013

10 weeks since this journey began..

It feels so good to be able to say I feel so good only 6 weeks since I received this kidney. I remember my last day of work like it was yesterday and I remember getting my port..like it was yesterday. Now I go back to work in 2 days, less days per week but work none the less- or normalcy as I like to think of it. To me this is kinda the last step to it. 
Everything else is going well- the swelling has gone down some more but still noticeable. I wore jeans for the first time postop the other day..again normalcy. Been enjoying summer. Ron has had this whole last week off and it's my last week so it's been nice spending time together. 
As far as labs go I'm still going twice a week but hopefully at my next appointment that will change. Numbers have been normal- except my prograf which was high so they adjusted my dosage down and yesterday it was within range. Creatinine has been stable at 1.0-1.1 and BUN was great at 15. Meaning the kidney is filtering pretty well so I am happy. They adjusted the dose of the myfortic because of side effects. 
Still chuggin water like a fish. Instead of buying new shoes I feel like I'm buying new water bottles instead lol. 
Ron & I set a date for 9/6/14 and we booked a venue. I have a pretty sick obsession with looking at wedding stuff it's so much fun! 

Will update again next week.. Until then xoxo, britt


No comments:

Post a Comment